PATIENT FORMS AND POLICIES
Office Guidelines as of 5/4/20
COVID-19 Policy Update:
While many things have changed over the last few months, our dedication to the safety of our patients and staff remains a top priority.
We have always used state-of-the-art infection control procedures which you may have seen during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- You’ll be asked some screening questions when you come into the office. Your appointment will be rescheduled if you or a family member are sick or have had a cough or fever in the last 7 days.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will discontinue the self-check-in process. When you arrive, our front desk team will check you in.
- When possible, please have only appointed patients come into the office. We will limit the waiting room to only one parent or guardian for minors. Please avoid bringing children without appointments into the office.
- If you prefer to stay in your car while your child is seen for their appointment, we will be happy to call or text you after the appointment to update you.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee, or iPads since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will do our best to manage appointments to allow for social distancing between patients in both the waiting room and the treatment area. However, if you would like to wear a mask into the office or in the waiting room, we welcome you to do so.
- We ask that no one besides patients come back to the treatment clinic area during appointments.
- All doctors and staff will have their temperature taken at the beginning of the day before patients arrive.
- All patients will have their temperature taken prior to their appointment.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We appreciate your understanding with the changes we are making.
Our team will do everything we can to ensure your visits are friendly, comfortable, and leave you feeling confident about the future of your orthodontic treatment. In order to best create your treatment plan, we ask that all patients read and complete the forms you will find below.